Wednesday, May 23, 2007

By Popular Demand

Apparently my blog is so successful that now I'm getting requests from my myriad of fans (actually, my mom) to make a post so here I go ....

I had a nice weekend in St. Louis seeing the Bienhoffs and celebrating Kelly's graduation. She's done really well and should be very proud of herself. Graduation was nice and then we had an afternoon of playing bocce ball which was a fun and unique thing to do too.

I just joined a tennis league and tonight was my first match. It's crazy to think that it's actually been 10 years since I last played any tennis competitively. Unfortunately, my debut back into tennis was not as successful as my previous tennis career (i lost). It brought back all the memories of psyching myself out, getting tentative or making just stupid shots. But the good part of all that is it takes my mind off work (which can be tough to get off the mind sometimes) and makes me eager to get back out there and improve. I felt pretty bad losing the first match I played with this new team but the rest of our team lost their matches too so it was just a good opponent. Anyways, I'll be missing the next couple weeks of matches because of vacation and work but will hopefully get back out there in June.

No comments: