Monday, May 26, 2008

Travels


It's been a great month for traveling for me! After a busy Neonatal Intensive Care month in April (hence, no blogging) I'm now on my elective in Dermatology which includes a week of vacation. Additionally, earlier in the month, I was able to attend the Pediatric Academic Societies conference in Hawaii where I presented a poster of a project I completed earlier this year. I spent a couple days at the conference and ... a couple days not at the conference :) Those days I spent snorkeling, relaxing on the beach, hiking up Diamond Head and not really working too hard.

Then, this past week I spent 6 days in New York City where my friend Cari got married in Manhattan. It was the first time in NYC for me and it was a busy few days since I was in the wedding but I did happen across some of the famous things and places such as the Statue of Liberty, Times Square, Herald Square, Empire State Building, Central Park, Madison Square Garden among other things. One of the neat things for me since I read a lot and have seen a lot of shows and movies based in New York City, I now have at least a basic knowledge of the geography and layout of the city and neighborhoods. Otherwise, I spent the time with about 6 friend from med school, many of whom I haven't seen since I graduated so that was great too.

I'm going to try a new thing where I upload my pictures to some web albums and I'll include a link here so you can take a look if you'd like. Most of the pictures of people, less of the sites ...

New York: http://picasaweb.google.com/njlohr/NewYorkCityMay2008?authkey=vC3JajR8FWs

Hawaii: http://picasaweb.google.com/njlohr/HawaiiMay2008?authkey=wIAAK0OwUxk

Posted by Picasa

No comments: