Saturday, June 14, 2008

Floods, concert

To all the people who have asked, I appreciate your concern, but my area of Indianapolis is fine. I haven't personally experienced any flooding which is more on the south side of Indianapolis. There have, however been some patients transferred to our hospitals because there hospitals have been flooded. Actually, though I'm mostly saddened by all the flooding that's going on in Eastern Iowa and have a hard time seeing all the places I went to college and med school experiencing so much damage. Some of the pictures have been really unbelievable!

Tonight I went to see Jack Johnson, one of my favorite singers, in concert. I've seen him once before about 5 years ago and he lived up to everything I remembered. It's just a really laid back show and he sounds every bit as good in person as he does on CDs only he added in some new music and some fun improvisation. It reminded me of the concert I saw years ago with all my friends from med school and I wish they could have been there to see him again! One very cool part at the end was that he announced that all proceeds of the concert were being donated to the Red Cross because of all the flooding in Indianapolis.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Naomi... long time no blog! ;) I realized how long it had been since I visited your blog and decided to check it out -- I am now all caught up again! I checked out all your photos and read all your posts. Now, you are just going to have to write some more! ;) I hope all is well with you. Too bad about the Iowa/ISU game, huh? Keep in touch!

L8R,
Danny