Wednesday, October 10, 2007

The Saga of Big George

Kelly Bienhoff visited this past weekend. We were in my office/guest room and were folding up the bedding when we noticed Big George (a large, hairy spider) scuttling across the floor. We both shrieked and neither of us had any shoes immediately available. However, my TI 85 graphing calculator (a rather bulky, heavy calculator) was at hand so I threw it on Big George. Big George proceeded to push the calculator off himself and scurried under the couch. We folded up the rest of the bedding and then looked under the couch and poof, Big George had disappeared. It appeared he had some sort of magical powers. The rest of the weekend we pondered as to the whereabouts of Big George as he was nowhere to be seen. As Kelly packed her bags on Sunday she even wondered if it was possible that Big George had crawled in to her things and he may turn up in Kansas City! I thought it was very possible and proceeded to put him out of my mind ... until this morning. I walked out of my bathroom (in my bedroom) after showering this morning and noted some quick movement across the room along the baseboard. AHA! It was Big George, he had simply moved across the condo instead of flying to Kansas City. Fortunately for me and unfortunately for Big George, I did have a sandle at hand and proceeded with great vigor to dispatch Big George to his next life. (it took 3-4 very good thwaps). I then used about 6 kleenexes all wadded up to pick up Big George (so as not to actually feel the dead Big George inside them all) and sent to him a watery grave with a resounding flush. So ends the saga of Big George.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

RIP, Big George.

Signed,
SPLAT

Anonymous said...

Naomi,

That's the best way to deal with creepy-crawly things.

Signed,
The Original Stomper

Anonymous said...

I think I've seen (and "took care of") a few of Big George's cousins -- Big Pauly, Poison Petey and Fuzzy Fingers. It's all about respect. When Big George or his cousins take advantage of our trust, and disrespect us by entering our home uninvited... they're gonna get whacked!

- The Godfather

PS: TIP: I've found that wasp spray is effective for those tight corners! ;)