Wednesday, September 12, 2007

New-ness

Not too much going on with me but I thought it was high time for an update ....

First things first, I finally decided to sit down and make an actual budget. I've always prided myself on being responsible with my money but was especially motivated to recently either acquire some more or figure out a way not to spend so much when my college friend Karla sent out her save the date cards for her wedding in .... St. Lucia! Wouldn't that be a lovely place to spend a few days in March? I think so, too. This year I was excited because since I'm a 2nd year resident I am now qualified to do some moonlighting for extra cash. This was great until a couple of weeks ago, our program announced that our malpractice insurance does not cover us doing this anymore so there went that opportunity. Since I can't realistically pick up extra cash any other way, I decided I'd have to put some limitations on my spending and save some money that way. I'll let you know how it goes ...

Second, I have recently become addicted to Sweet Tea. Sweet tea is iced tea that is, surprise, sweet and seems to be something fairly popular in the southern half of the country since I don't recall running across it in Iowa at any point. Now I wouldn't consider Indianapolis in the "South" although it surprised me greatly to learn I'm closer to Kentucky than I am to Chicago. That being said, there is sweet tea around here and is one my favorite beverages of choice. There's a chain of restaurants/delis called McAllister's which makes particularly good sweet tea so if you ever see one, I highly recommend it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i discovered sweet tea when i went to sewanee as st. louis doesn't have it either - truly a great beverage! and you are getting good exposure with mcallister's as they have an excellent brew.
if you come visit me sometime, they'll serve you sweet tea basically anywhere! ah, the south... (oh, and there's less snow too).

Anonymous said...

ok, i couldn't think of my password tight now so i had to click anonymous, but obviously theresa wrote the last post ;)

Anonymous said...

Yea for budgets!

Cari said...

Sweet tea and McAllister's both rock! Nick and I eat there all the time Nomers, and I've even been known to go out of my way to stop there on the way to work, and grab a big ole sweet tea for my shift. Hope things otherwise are well, miss you!!